The HVAC Project Manager/Estimator is a critical position, providing HVAC management oversight over all phases of commercial construction projects from start to finish.
The HVAC Project Manager/Estimator is responsible for managing commercial construction projects from start to finish that encompass quality work, deliver on time completion dates and are on budget. Project management includes the estimating and bidding process, and directing and coordinating construction/structural scheduling, work activities and crew management. Serve as the liaison with clients, subcontractors, vendors and on-site superintendents.
Responsibilities / Essential Functions
- Prepare estimates for bidding the HVAC on commercial construction projects for final review by President and submit on a timely basis.
- Understand and analyze blueprints and specifications to identify requirements for project, such as materials, labor and timeline.
- Show creativity and resourcefulness to gain better pricing from subcontractors and vendors to win jobs that are profitable.
- Utilize construction management software effectively for successful estimating and bidding of projects, job costs and project management.
- Has thorough understanding of the scope of the projects; adhere to project contract documents. Organize all documentation from bid to closeout phases.
- Maintain and update project schedules as needed.
- Track and report project status and budget updates on a routine basis.
- Manage change orders, by recognizing and securing change orders as they present themselves.
- Purchase and schedule materials and equipment. Prepare submittals.
- Recognize and provide analysis for value engineering opportunities when they present themselves.
- Attend project meetings with clients, architects, engineers and general contractors; ensure tasks are discussed and/or resolved.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients, architects, engineers and subcontractors.
- Manage field crews for all phases of projects, ensuring quality work and timely completion of deadlines. Travel to job sites as needed.
- Manage project closeout and closeout documentation to ensure all punch items are resolved for the client.
- Flexibility to perform other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Construction Science and Management, Engineering or other related field required, or combination of education and relevant project experience will be considered.
Experience: Minimum of 0 to 3 years experience managing commercial construction projects required.
- Strong knowledge of building and construction sciences, building materials, mechanical and plumbing codes, city requirements and industry standards.
- Ability to read and interpret contract documents and construction drawings.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Familiarity with construction management software programs for estimating, job costs and project administration.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to multi-task, effectively prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Great compensation and benefits, including top wages, medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) plan with company match, paid holidays and vacation.
To apply for this job please visit cm3mechanical.com.