Salary: Competitive salary with credit for relevant experience
• Deliver quality plumbing service and maintenance to customers in a diverse commercial base, providing a strong focus on customer service.
• Responsible for installing, repairing and maintaining pipes, fixtures and other plumbing used for water distribution and waste water disposal in commercial and industrial buildings.
• Use a variety of tools and blueprints to install, diagnose and/or make repairs.
• Perform scheduled and preventative service, maintenance, inspections and site surveys, as needed or requested by customers.
• Provide well documented details of service call and work performed.
• Perform work with little to no supervision.
• Journeyman Plumbing License highly preferred
• Minimum 3 years trade experience
• Backflow license and medical gas certification a plus
• Valid Kansas Driver’s License in good standing
• Full benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability insurance
• 401(k) Plan with company match
• Bonus Program
• Paid Vacation and Holidays
Just wanted to send you a quick note to let you know how much I appreciate the chiller work this spring at Newman University. When I arrived in January of this year, one of the first complaints I received from our staff was in regards to the A/C units here at the university. Several staff members indicated that the design was wrong from the beginning and that the units had not worked correctly from day one. If fact several people indicated that we “just need to rip these units/chiller out and start all over.”
I contacted you in April to take a first look and get your opinion. After working with you as our single source provider in the Andover Public Schools over the past seven years, I knew I could trust your judgment as to what direction we may need to go. After your technicians did several inspections of the four chillers involved, it became evident that they had been neglected for some time and would be repairable and operate correctly, providing new parts being installed.
After receiving 3 other quotes and seeing that CM3 was approximately 20-25% lower, we moved forward with the repairs on May 5th and completed all of the work by May 9th. I apologize for not remembering the names of your technicians, however I want you to let your staff know what a great job they did.
Since the repairs were completed on May 9th, we have had no trouble with any of the chillers. Dr. Carrocci, our University President, indicated the A/C has never operated better in her seven years here.
Once again, thanks for all your help and I look forward to working with you here in the future.
Bruce Sanderson, Director of Facilities Newman University